Boris Kovač composed music for 25 theatre performances, 3 fiction films and 5 TV series. Boris’ music was used in a several films and TV series all around Europe.
He got the biggest Serbian theatre prize – STERIJA AWARD for music in the year 2007 for the play “Nahod Simeon“.
In the year 2008 he received the prize for the best music from the national film festival competition Cinema City for the soundtrack of the movie “Na lepom plavom Dunavu – The Beautiful Blue Danube”.
In the year 2009 Boris composed the music for “White, white World”, a fiction film directed by Oleg Novković . This soundtrack got the award from Serbian film Centre (voted by the film critics), as the Best Soundtrack in Serbia for 2010 and the prize for the best music from the national film festival competition Cinema City in the year 2011. In the year 2015 BK composed music for a drama TV-film series Vere i zavere / Faiths and Conspiracies produced by the state Radio Television Vojvodina, Serbia. Twelve 55-minutes episodes are based on the novel by the famous writer Aleksandar Tišma. One of the most relevant artistic project of the Serbian state TV production.
As an author of music he collaborated with some of the critically acclaimed theater and film directors from the former Yugoslavian region: Eduard Miler, Dejan Mijač, Tomi Janežič, Oleg Novković, Darko Bajić, Dah theatre etc…
- Theatre and Film Music
Music for the Faiths and Conspiracies
- CD Music for the Faiths and Conspiracies/Muzika za vere i zavere Soundtrack from the TV series Faiths and Conspiracies based on the novel by Aleksandar Tišma.Music for the drama TV-film series Music performed by Aleksandra Krčmar – violin, Saša Milosavljević – clarinet, Slobodanka Stević – piano, Jelena Filipović – viola, Lazar Novkov – accordion, Siniša Mazalica – double bass. 1…
- Read more
- Theatre and Film Music
Songs from the Garden of Loves and Graves
- CD Songs from the Garden of Loves and Graves Musics from the theatre performance Nahod Simeon (2006.) Produced by Serbian National Theatre Directed by Tomi Janežič on the drama text of Milena Marković 10 songs and two instrumentals Performed by the Watter Flows orchestra 1 The Lullaby (For The Mother - Jasna Djuričić) 2 The Munk's Nostalgia 3 The Song…
- Read more
- Theatre and Film Music
- CD The Mask (1996) Music composed for two performances produced by Tanztheater Ikarus (Austria) CD published by Tarcus (Serbia). CD produced by Tanztheater Ikarus (Austria). Maria Theresia (12 tracks) Performed by Ritual Nova Ensemble: Nenad Vrbaški – violin Bogdan Ranković – clarinet, bass clarinet, Srdjan Dalagija – piano, sampler Miloš Matić – double bass Boris Kovač – sax, sampler Ivan…
- Read more
Videos from Films & TV Series
Faiths and Conspiracies
- Intro Theme
- Sergij, the tragic hero
White, white World
- Main Theme
- Miner's Song
Other Music from Films & TV Series
Until It’s Too Late (2016)
- Music for a TV series. Composed and performed by Boris and Lav Kovač.
KACHARA MM Production 2016.
White, white World (2009)
- Fiction film directed by Oleg Novković on the screenplay written by Milena Marković
7 songs and instrumental theme.
Aleksandra Krčmar Ćulibrk – violin
Bogdan Ranković – clarinet, soprano sax
Lazar Novkov – accordion
Milan Nenin – classical guitar
Siniša Mazalica – double bass
White, White World, main theme
Rosa… 10 years long I was waiting for my mother to come from the jail
Ružica… mother is coming out from the jail and singing: Come with me to the grave, my darling
Zlatan… I have myself but I don’t have you
Finale song… (worker’s song) WE SHELL COME TO YOU!
Lullaby for a Boy (2007)
- Short fiction film directed by Miloš Pušić based on the Aleksandar Tišma’s story “School of Atheism”.
Performed by String Quartet TAJJ +
Killing and after… the killing of the boy
The Final Lullaby …the closing scene
Nahod Simeon (2006)
- Theatre performance produced by Serbian National Theatre
Directed by Tomi Janežič on the drama text of Milena Marković
10 songs and two instrumentals
Performed by the Watter Flows orchestra
Lullaby… for a loosing baby / singing Jasna Djuričić
The Song of the Monks (fragment) …working and singing
Cocoa… song of the Gipsy girl (fragment) / s. Jovana Stipić
The Water Flows… the instrumental theme (fragment)
The City… (fragment) / s. Jovana Mišković
I’ve come to stay… (fragment) / s. Stefan Šteref
The Garden of Love (on the poem of William Blake) / s. Fric Bahun
The King, the Cat and the Violin (2005)
- The puppet theatre performance produced by Hungarian Csiroka theatre on the fairy tale written by Yehudi Menuhin.
Performed by the Sunny Orchestra.
The Promenade (fragment)
Rain Drops Tango (fragment)
Fiction, Documentary and TV Films and Theatre Performances
THIS MUSIC was used in several fiction, documentary and TV films and theatre performances
Tango Apocalypso (fragment) / from the CD The Last Balkan Tango
Beginning (fragment) / from the CD The Last Balkan Tango
The Last Waltz in Budapest (fragment) / from the CD The Last Balkan Tango
Danza Transilvanica (fragment) / from the CD Ballads at the End of Time
Early Morning Waltz (fragment) / from the CD Ballads at the End of Time
Orient Express (fragment) / from the CD The Last Balkan Tango
Don Huan (2001)
- Contemporary ballet performance produced by Serbian National Theatre
Choreographed by Andrew Peter Greenwood
The whole ballet music piece
Performed by Quatro Santi string quartet and the author on reeds
music recorded by TAJJ quartet and Vlada Puškaš, oboe
Angel’s Remembrance (fragment)
Lonely on the Rock
Landscape of Memories (2000)
- Music-theatre performance
Produced by the Infant festival
Directed by Jadranka Andjelić
Performed by Goran Penić, Miloš Matić and Boris Kovač
Landscape of Memories
Maria Theresia (1996)
- Dance theatre performance. Produced by Theater Ikarus from Klagenfurt and Wiener Fest Wochen. Performed by Ritual Nova ensemble
Voyage of the Madman’s Ship (fragment)
Largo Religioso (fragment)
War and the drunk Soldiers
Sting and String (1995)
- Dance theatre performance produced by international En Knap dance company directed by Iztok Kovač, performed by Enzo Fabiani string quartet.
Quasi Tango (fragment)
Quasi Beguine / recorded by the string quartet TAJJ
Quasi Waltz (fragment) / recorded by the string quartet TAJJ
Ivan Cankar (1994.)
- Dance theatre performance. Produced by Theater Ikarus from Klagenfurt. Studio work by the author on the reeds and sampled instruments.
Impossible Love (fragment)
Sunny Voyage (fragment)
Maria’s House (fragment)
Kasimir und Karoline (1995.)
- Theatre performance produced by Stadttheater Klagenfurt. Directed by Eduard Miller on the drama of Ödön von Horvath performed by Ritual Nova ensemble.
Octoberfest (fragment) / recorded by LaDaABa orchest
Finale / recorded by Ritual Nova ensemble
Leonce und Lena (1995.)
- Theatre performance produced by Mladinsko gledališče Ljubljana directed by Eduard Miller on the drama of Georg Buchner studio work by the author on the reeds and sampled instruments, Vladimir Aksin, trombone, Kazimić Stevan, bassoon.
Mrs. Julia (1994.)
- theatre performance produced by Mladinsko gledališče Ljubljana directed by Eduard Miller on the drama of Henrik Ibsen
studio work by the author on the reeds and sampled instruments, Srečko Meh – violin
Beguine for Julia (fragment) / recorded by LaDaABa orchest
Slow for Julia (fragment) / recorded by LaDaABa orchest
- Ttheatre performance produced by Mladinsko gledališče Ljubljana on the text by Bertold Brecht. Directed by Branko Brezovac
moved in Theater Syptar, Macedonia second usekj was produced by Chamber Theatre of Music Ogledalo, Yugoslavia directed by Ivana Indjin.